River Hills Memorial Park offers several final resting place options for families choosing cremation. River Hills Memorial Park has a beautiful Columbarium composed of bronze or granite niches where cremation urns may be interred, or families may choose from our traditional in-ground burial options.
For veterans, we can assist families in obtaining a no-cost bronze plaque from the U. S. Government, Department of Veterans Affairs. Installation fees apply.
TRADITIONAL BURIAL OF CREMATION URN
Your cremation urn can be buried below ground in a traditional burial lot. Our regular burial sites can accommodate two cremation urns or a traditional full body burial and one cremation urn. Family may choose to have their cremation urns:
- Buried in a traditional burial site (up to two urns)
- Buried in the same lot and site as a family member
Burying in the same lot and grave site as a family member requires permission. If placing an urn on top of an existing traditional burial, please contact the office regarding the size and type of urn that can be used. Consult with your funeral director or your Family Counselor at River Hills before purchasing an urn if you are choosing a below ground burial. River Hills has urns available for purchase. Check with River Hills before purchasing an urn vault; space constraints can limit the size of the urn vault especially if this is the second burial in the site.
Our River Hills Chapel can be used for a 20 minute service prior to an in ground burial. Interment fees vary depending on the day and time the service is held. Interment fees are paid at the time of need.
Placement in columbarium
Cremation Urns can also be placed in a Niche in our Columbarium. Our Columbarium houses urn Niches both inside and outside:
- The name and date of birth and death is engraved into the bronze plaque on the front.
- We also offer “glass” niches, which replace the bronze plaque with glass, so that the Urn can be seen.
- Any Urn placed in a glass niche must be approved by River Hills management.
- The interior of a single Niche measures 12"x12"x12."
- For many veterans, we can assist families in obtaining a no-cost bronze plaque from the U. S. Government, Department of Veterans Affairs. Installation fees apply.
- Urns must be sealed.
The above ground Niches vary in price depending upon location within the Columbarium. An entombment fee is paid at the time of need.